Bridging the creative and development teams you will primarily design and develop web solutions working within a fast paced, agile environment.
As a senior designer & developer, you are expected to be able to work well independently, manage multiple overlapping project timelines, manage your own time, accurately estimate, be commercially aware and ensure that projects stay within committed effort and budget.
In this role, you will work across a wide range of projects and industries as part of a multi-disciplinary team. In doing so you will:
- Work closely with the UX and Development teams to understand the required output, and translate into a polished Umbraco based solution ready to hand over to a client
- Produce high quality, web and app designs from UX wireframes
- Produce efficient content management structures within the Umbraco backend to make content population and ongoing management simple for the client.
- Work with customers to review and interpret external customers' business requirements and high-level software specifications
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Work effectively following agile methodology, take part in team scrums and code reviews to provide and receive feedback effectively
- Take ownership and manage your own time and plan tasks with the team
- Escalate issues and find solutions to problems
- Support core systems as part of the wider support team including responding to tickets according to SLA’s
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work collaboratively using Git for peer code reviews
Required Skills / Abilities
- Expert knowledge building websites using Umbraco V7/8/9
- Ability to create high impact designs for web and mobile solutions using Adobe CC
- Ability to work from a flat design prototype and accurately develop a fully responsive web solution
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Excellent attention to detail with a keen eye for preserving the creative intent of the designs
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Passion for digital technologies and how they are changing the way we live and work
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Not required but beneficial Skills / Abilities
- Experience using Umbraco V10
- Experience of Umbraco cloud, baseline projects and working across multiple environments
- Practical experience using USkinned to develop Umbraco websites
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience developing native mobile apps
- Experience in C#, .NET, SQL, MVC / Razor, Angular JS, React, Blazor
What we offer
- Salary: £45K-£55K dependent on experience
- Training and development courses / certifications
- Flexible home working
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training developed around you.
- A variety of team social events.
- The chance to work on projects that deliver real meaning and impact
Please note, although the role is flexible and you can work from home as agreed in advance, it is expected that you will work from our office in Bradford on Avon at least part-time and will be required to be in the office for critical phases of project delivery. We are not accepting applications for fully remote working.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com